Monday, December 11, 2006

Having a Hate-Fest with Cindy

I know hate is a strong word, but this old cow really makes my blood boil. I'm beginning to truly hate her. I know my temperature rises when I see her picture in the paper.

What I really wonder, and I'll bet some internet digging would tell the truth, is if this is how Cindy Sheehan's son would have wanted her to honor his memory. Since we have a purely volunteer military, Cindy's son must have volunteered to serve. And I think that he would have been briefed on the possibility that he may have to engage in war with our enemies, and possibly lose his life.

But what about soldiers who don't want to fight what they consider an unjust war? Was her son of this ilk? Most soldiers know the adage about "ours is not to question why, ours is but to do or die" (I have no clue who said that), so chances are that he cared only about the guys out in the field with him.

Reading the milblogs (a way better source for what's really going on), convinces me that most of the soldiers in the field believe in what they're doing, and we have to believe the soldiers since they are the ones in the thick of it. Did Cindy's son believe in what he was doing, or was he fighting an unjust war to avoid a court-martial? I really don't know. But I'd like to.

No comments: