Friday, April 27, 2007

My Novel

I was asked what my novel was about. So without getting too much into it (I keep changing plot points anyway), it's essentially a contemporary intrigue/spy novel, a la Tom Clancy. The main character is a woman.

Basically she's a spy and following current events, instead of infiltrating the KGB like much of Clancy, she's infiltrating Muslim extremists by impersonating a devout Muslim woman.

She's turning into a very interesting character and I'm having fun devloping her history. One thing she will not have is superhuman strength - There won't be a lot of physical, ass-kicking combat on her part. I'm always annoyed by books and movies that give a 120lb woman the capability to immobilize a 200lb bad guy. She will be resorting to cleverness and feminine wiles. She will not be a tart. That's not to say there will be no physical fighting - she is an American-military trained operative.

There will be much Globe-trotting on her part, but so far the bulk of the story is set in Paris, with a bit in North Africa. I'm going back and forth on making this an actual CIA-sanctioned op, or Rogue Agent with a Score to Settle - I'll guess I'll just have to see what happens.

No comments: