Tuesday, October 16, 2007

So here it is: My lamenting of last weekend's football nightmare.

The 12th Manchild says it better than I do, so I'll let him tell it.

I actually had to turn off the TV with 9 minutes left to go in the 4th quarter of the A&M game. It was sooooo depressing. However, the silver lining from my sister: Fact: we are not going to go undefeated this season and she would rather lose to someone like Tech and get our boys pumped up to not let it happen again so that they have the intense drive to beat teams like OU, and Texas.

Problem: OSU put the hurt on Nebraska this last weekend, and we play them this Saturday. Both teams are going to want to prove that the previous loss was a fluke, but Nebraska has the advantage since the game is in Lincoln and possibly a more intense need since they lost in Lincoln.

Texas beat Iowa State handily, I didn't even bother watching. bleh.

And my Cowboys, oh my Cowboys. Tony, my love, how you hurt me! It was a valiant effort, and I salute the Patriots.

As far as our pool goes - Chicago lost and Philly won, so we were a wash on our bets, but I don't know whether we moved up or down in the list, since the boyfriend has not bothered to send me this week's lines and standings. As of last week we were 14th out of 75 participants. Cross your fingers that we move up!

So, now that I had such a depressing weekend, my football freakiness has waned. I guess I'll go back to blogging about other stuff - at least until Friday.

No comments: